To make sure you have the right to put music in your film whether you hire a Composer or license a work from a Publisher and record label, you need to have the right paperwork.

We talked about the 2 basics before: A Synchronization License (sometimes called a Sync License) and a Master Use License. The sync license, from the publisher, allows you to put it to your picture and the master use is from the record label or whomever owns the “master recordings.”

Here’s a good place to look at sample contracts.

Download preview Track Length: 00:00

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This